As every year, Mac users are super excited about the new operating systems, however, you will find many more great updates in this version than the previous versions (Catalina and Mojave). The newest version of the Mac Operating System is macOS Big which was released in September last year. As this is a new macOS you will see new features and many new updates present in Big Sur. If you want to enjoy this new version of macOS but don’t have a Mac, no need to worry because now you also can install and use this new macOS with your PC. Now you don’t need to worry if you don’t have a Mac or a MacBook, we have provided you every step on How to Install macOS Big Sur on PC Hackintosh.
Apple released a new macOS which is called macOS Big Sur. It was launched at WWDC (Apple Worldwide Developers Conference) last year. Its beta version has also been released which has been publicly announced on 6th August of 2020. This time Apple brought a complete and direct change for Apple users. Apple directly moved from the macOS 10.15.7 version to macOS 11.0, a newer version. Moreover, it has absolutely great features that complete all your needs. macOS Big Sur is the biggest update because of its feature and important because of its version number. Further, the most attractive thing about macOS Bug Sur 11.0 version is that it has a unique design for the desktop and almost all the apps in Big Sur are redesigned.
macOS Big Sur now supports AirPods Max, it has some qualities of Apple TV, Apple News, and App Store which is also now available in Big Sur. Apps such as Photos, Air Quality, QuickTime, and Bluetooth, have got updated. Applications such as Control Center, Notification Center, Safari, Messages, and Maps, have been redesigned and really have improved.
How to Install macOS Big Sur on PC-Hackintosh.
For downloading macOS Big Sur on PC you don’t need to buy a new Mac or Macbook and waste your money because with the following steps you can install Big Sur on your PC. macOS Big Sur is wonderfully easy to use and all the apps and features work as smoothly as a smoothy. However, you can download macOS Big Sur on PC-Hackintosh with the use of the following steps. However, in this article, we are going to show you “How to Install macOS Big Sur on PC-Hackintosh” through a new method. And you might not have seen this method before so don’t panic.
For installing macOS Big Sur on PC Hackintosh you have to go through links to the ISO file for macOS Big Sur and also you have to download the DMG file of macOS Big Sur which is one of the most essential steps in order that you could have a great macOS running on your PC. After you download the DMG file and ISO for macOS Big Sur go through the steps below.
Step1: See the compatibility for macOS Big Sur
Before starting the steps you have to see the compatibility for macOS Big Sur. Every Mac user should know about their device that whether their Mac is compatible to run new software or not. Now you are capable to run the new macOS and below are the
- MacBook 2015 and later
- iMac mini 2014 and later
- iMac pro-2017 and later
- iMac air and prolate 2013 and later
- iMac 2014 and later
- iMac 2014 and later
Step2; Create Bootable USB for macOS 11 Big Sur
There is something to know before you install macOS Big Sur or bootable USB. I would like you to back up your device because if anything went wrong while the installation process, you should have a backup of your device. For example, If you download any operating system, your device may lose its data and you can not have it back again if you don’t have its backup. But, if you backed up your device before making a Bootable USB or installing any operating system, you can restore the deleted information later. After having a backup for your device now it’s time to make a bootable USB.
There are plenty of ways and methods to create Bootable USB on your device. We will show an easier way of creating a bootable USB for macOS 11 Big Sur.
- First, you need to have 8GB of storage of USB. And, plug it and visit your Disk Utility.
- On the sidebar select your USB bar.
- From the to menu click on the erase option. Set a name for your USB.
- select the format Mac OS extend
- From the scheme part, select GUID partition Map.
After you are done with all the steps, right-click on Done and the Disk Utility.
For the further process of making a bootable USB, You need to visit the spotlight and write terminal. Now follow the command and paste on the terminal.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB
When you paste the commands, you have to enter your password and type the letter Y, then wait for the process to complete. If you didn’t like the below steps for making a Bootable USB you can check the link below.
Step3. Initiate E.E.I Partition
After making a bootable USB is done now it’s time to do E.F.I Partition. E.F.I Partition is a must when it is about Bootable USB Derive. So to do that open “Core Configuration and Initiate E.F.I Partition from here.
Copy the E.F.I and paste it to EFI USB.
After that copy “OpenCore configurator” and you have to paste it macOS Big Sur USB. Now, discharge EFI USB Partition and USB Flash Derive.
Step4. Customize BIOS Settings
Now you can easily download the macOS Big Sur after you created the bootable USB drive. But, first, make sure that you should make your setting and BIOS settings perfect. And now for your BIOS setting firstly restart your computer and, click on the Delete button and you will enter BIOS setting automatically. So after entering your BIOS, select Save and Edit the tab and that after selecting “Load Optimized Defaults”. Now click on the Yes button. After all, select the Save button, edit the tab, and click enter to restart your PC.
Now again you have to restart your PC and click the button to go to BIOS settings for better changes. In the top menu, you are having Tweaker click on it and then select the Advanced CPU Settings > and disable this option. Click on the Extreme memory Profile (X.M.P) and then select profile 1.
In the to the menu, you are having settings click on it. Click ports USB Configuration and click on “XHCI hand-off. Visit Boot from the top menu bar and select “Windows 8/10 features ” and click on “other O.S”
After that click on the “Save & edit” menu and save all the changes.
Step5. Install macOS Big Sur on PC – Hackintosh
After you are done with the BIOS setting and creating the Bootable USB. It is time to install the latest version of O.S. You need to connect your Booted USB derive and you have to click on the “Boot menu”. And, now you have to select the “USB flash to derive” and click on “enter” for booting. Now you have to wait a while until the botting gets done.
- When you are finished with the booting process then you will be having the set of macOS Big Sur. Further, select your language and press Continue.
- On the next page, you have to select “Disk Utility” and press “Continue”.
Select your flash to derive on the sidebar menu and then click on erase
- Here you need to choose a name for your derive.
- Choose the format APFS.
- For the scheme select “GUID Partition Map”
- Tap on the Erase button and enter the Done button.
- Close the disk utility and select “Install macOS” and then click on “continue”.
- You need to agree with the license agreement and select the Macintosh HD for derive selection and click on “install”
- When you click the install button the macOS Big Sur will start downloading on your PV Hackintosh. Your desktops may restart several times during the installation process but please wait till it finishes.
Step 6. Complete the macOS Big Sur Installation
The installation of macOS Big Sur consumes a lot of time so you have to be patient. It has a very long process and it takes from 60 minutes up to 1 hour but most of the time it depends on your processor. After the waiting is over,
- you will be asked to select your country and click continue.
- You can select your language “Written and spoken” section and click “Continue”.
- From the “accessibility” section select “Not now”.
- From the wifi network, click on the other options select your wifi network, and “continue”.
- From”Data and privacy” click yes “Continue”.
- From “Migration Assistant” select” Not now”.
- You have to sign-in if you have an Apple but if you do not have you can skip it.
- Click “Continue” to “terms and conditions”.
- Now you need to create a computer account and fill all the required things in there like account name, password, and many more. And, click “Continue”.
- In this part Click on “customize settings” if you want to customize Express Set Up. but if you do not want to click on “Continue”.
- Click “Continue” on “Analytics”.
- Click “set up later”.
- From the Siri section click “Continue”. And, allow Siri to share audio recording and click “Continue”.
- In the last part Select your macOS Big Sur theme. And wait for set up saves.
- Related: How to create macOS Big Sur bootable USB on Windows
Step 7. Installing the Drivers in macOS Big Sur Hackintosh
After all the installation, you need to fix some derives like Audio, Bluetooth, Internet, Wifi, and the graphic display. because it is not your in a Mac or Macbook the installer itself has to do that.
First, you have to connect your USB to download those drives and then copy the Open core configuration setup. Drag the Open core configurator on your desktop screen. Open the code configurator from there and the amount of the partition for your USB the system drives. Now, from the E.F.I separation of USB, you need to copy the E.F.Ifolder.And, paste it into the E.F.I Partition of the system derives.
Once you did all the configuration, now you have to restart your computer. When your equipment restored, go to system preferences, sound, and check if all the things are correct. Visit Bluetooth to check its connectivity. Open wifi settings and connect to wifi. After all the procedures, now you have your macOS Big Sur PC-Hackintosh.
Now your macOS Big Sur is officially installed on your PC and you can use the best features of Big Sur on your PC. If you have any questions, suggestions, or recommendations regarding today’s article and installation process you can ask us in the comment section below.