On 3rd June, Apple held its 2019 annual conference with all the great things that Apple had been working on last year. The macOS Catalina 10.15 is released and it is the latest update for Apple Mac operating system now, with the great new updates, it is more exciting to use. If you are a Mac user and want to download macOS Catalina so you can easily download it from the links provided. And, when the file is downloaded, you can start the installation process and enjoy using the macOS Catalina on your PC after the installation is completed.
Windows users can easily download and install the new version of macOS (macOS Cataline) and it is completely fine for every operating user to use and install any other operating system with the help of a VirtualBox. However, macOS Catalina is perfect for any operating system. But when it comes to Windows operating system, you need to pay more attention and time Because installing macOS on Virtual Box on Windows is not permissible according to Apple Terms. In windows, we use the macOS Catalina just for knowledge and information.
Steps for Installing macOS Catalina on VirtualBox
- Download macOS Catalina ISO
- Install VirtualBox on Windows PC
- Install and Update VirtualBox Extension
- Create a new Virtual machine and Customize it
- Run Virtual Code Box Vis Command Prompt
- Start the Virtual Machine
- Create a Bootable Disk for macOS Catalina
- Your system should support Virtual Technology (VT) and should be enabled from BIOS.
- You should have a 64-bit Windows Operating System.
- The operating system should have 4GB RAM and 20GB of free storage.
- It is better to have 4GB RAM or higher because of installing more apps on macOS Catalina Disk.
- We prefer your SSD instead of HDD because SSD is much faster than HDD. But, it is not compulsory you may use the HDD too.
Download the essentials
We have linked all the access files down below and you must download them in your system.
How to Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows
macOS Catalina is the most compatible OS for all operating systems and it has many amazing features which have been newly designed by Apple and newly published for Mac users but we brought the opportunity for windows users to use macOS Catalina too. Now the windows users can also install and run macOS Catalina on their PC and they can use and enjoy all the features of macOS Catalina. One of the most serious and useful features of macOS Catalina which has been the center of attention and has caused many Mac users to update their mac version to a newer version (macOS Catalina) is the strict and highly secure security system of macOS Catalina for users privacy and documents. Because it’s new and updated and the features have developed now the documents and private things of users will be saved. And if you want to use and experience the best features of Catalina you can follow the steps below and install it.
Step1. Download macOS Catalina ISO
Now you are able to download the macOS Catalina by the link that is given below. For installing macOS Catalina you need to have download macOS Catalina ISO file and if you do not have macOS Catalina downloaded then you can download it from here macOS Catalina ISO. |We will be using the ISO image of macOS Catalina in this installation process. You need to concentrate on steps that you should not miss any step otherwise the installation may not go smoothly.
- It is better to create a new drive on your Windows PC and install macOS Catalina on a separate drive.
Step2. Installing VirtualBox on Windows PC
You have to download VirtualBox from the needed file below and if you didn’t. Download VirtualBox latest version and install it on your Windows system from here. And, if you already have the VirtualBox then you can skip this step and if not, follow the steps below:
- On the Well come Wizard page, click Next.
- Let the default page on the custom setup page and click next.
- If you do not want to change anything then click next again.
- Click yes to process the VirtualBox installation on the warning Network Interface Page.
- Click the install button to install VirtualBox, and again click yes.
- When you start installing the VirtualBox then you might have a security warning about “Oracle Corporation”. And, click on the install button for the procedure of this installation. And, if you click on ‘do not install’ the installation process may conclude and you can not begin. If again you see the warning page then click on the install button.
- At last, click finish.
Step3. Install & Update VirtualBox Extension
This part is not so much necessary but we prefer you to do it. Because without this step the macOS Catalina with VirtualBox may not be agreeable. Visit the VirtualBox download page. Below the VirtualBox 6.1.10 Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack Section. And, tap on all the supported platforms to download the latest version of the VirtualBox Extension Pack.
Once you are done with downloading the extension pack. And, now follow the steps below to update the virtual box extension.
- Open the VirtualBox and cross over Tools>preferences>Extension.
- Click on the Plus (+) icon and select VirtualBox Extension that you download at the beginning of this section. Tap on Install or upgrade and then tap on agree to the terms and conditions. Click the ok button.
Step4. Create a new Virtual Machine & Customize
when you create a virtual Machine for macOS Catalina is similar to you create a Virtual Machine for the Windows operating system or Linux. It may have some minor changes so I will show you those small changes. Now follow the steps below to create a new virtual machine for macOS Catalina using ISO file. Now double click on the file you download.
- Open the VirtualBox application and click New.
- Tap on expert mode and select the following options and click create.
- Type a name for virtual Machine Name.
- Virtual Machine Location ( you will have a separate drive).
- Type (Mac OS X).
- Version (Mac OS X 64-bit).
- Memory 4GB.
- On the Hard Disk: select create a virtual disk and now click create.
On the create Hard Disk Windows, choose the following options.
- Disk Location: Keep the default location file in case of changing into a new location.
- File Size: Set the disk size.
- Hard Disk File Type: Select the virtual Hard Disk Formate.
- Storage on Physical Hard Disk: Select the Dynamically allocated option. A fixed disk will assign the specified size from your host machine. And, for having a better performance Disk than you have t choose a fixed Disk.
- Now you have to edit the virtual machine to make it work. SelectmacOS Catalinaand click on settings. And, it’s time to bring the following changes to macOS Catalina VM.
- Below the system>Motherboard, increase the Base Memory to 1228MB. You can as well use a lower memory if your RAM can not support this much RAM.
- From the Boot Order Section, uncheck the floppy.
- Below the processor tab, increase the processor to 4 or higher than that.
- Increase the video memory up to 128MB on the Display Window.
- Click on the Empty>DVD icon from the storage section. Tap on choose a file Disk. now you have to select macOS Catalina ISO that downloads it from the “needed files” section of this post. At last, click ok to close the macOS Catalina settings window.
Step5: Run VirtualBox Code Via Command Prompt
After creating and customizing your virtual machine, now it’s time to go for some codes in order to install macOS Catalina on Virtualbox.
Further, open the VirtualBox code that you had in the previous step. You should notice the name you set in the VirtualBox because now you will use it. And, if you have not downloaded this file it’s not a problem you may just use the following code.
- When you open the VirtualBox code through notepad or any other text editor. And, you need to use the replace function to replace the “VM Name” with your VirtualBox machine name. You can put a glance over the picture to get some idea of how to do it. replace the VM Name
- Now you can do it in two ways. First, for fixing your macOS Catalina screen resolution in the first place. You should also perform the following code. Further, you have to change VM Name with VirtualBox machine and HxV with a screen resolution like “1280×720″.
- And, when you replace the “VM Name” with your virtual machine name. Now run the code one by one through the command prompt. By pressing the Windows+X in windows 10, you can open the command prompt. Or simply press the Windows key and type CMD, click run as administrator, and click yes.
Step6. Start the Virtual Machine
The new macOS Catalina is easier to start than the old version of the macOS Catalina operating system.
- Visit the VirtualBox app then click the start button. And, you will have a back screen with a text.
- When you start the virtual machine, you have to select ISO. And, if you just attached one ISO image then you probably not see the window below. You just have to make sure that you are using the right macOS Catalina ISO.
Ste7. Create macOS Catalina Bootable Disk
- When you open the VM, a lot of codes will be running on your screen. But, there is nothing to worry about because later you will see the macOS Catalina Language window. Select your language and click the continue arrow.
- You will see the macOS Utilities. From the list, select disk utility and click continue.
- Select your main VHD Disk and click the erase button. Select the following options again click erase.
- Type the name to Catalina Disk or you can type any name you want.
- Select the format to APFS.
- Select the scheme to GUID Partition Map.
- Once done, close the utility disk window.
- Select install macOS from macOS Utilities and click continue.
- Click continue on the Install macOS Catalina screen.
- Agree to the macOS Catalina License Agreement.
- Select macOS Catalina Disk and click Install.
- wait for 3 minutes and your VM will begin to start. macOS Catalina will be installed inside your disk. further, you should not do anything because you will have 29 minutes installation Window.
Step8. perform a clean installation of macOS Catalina
In this step, you will see macOS Catalina Welcome Window. Select the following options. You can change the settings now or later but it better to change the settings now. Now you can see the screen on your PC.
- select your country.
- Select a keyboard layout and click continue. you can as well customize the settings.
- On the Data & Privacy, click continue.
- select Do not transfer any information now.
- Click on the setup and do not sign-in and click skip. you can your apple ID later.
- Now click agree to the terms and conditions and click continue.
- Type your full name, Account Name, Password and Hint then click continue. Fill in this way.
- Click Express set up for customing, you can customize setting or you can click on continue.
- On analytics, Window click continues.
- Click set up later on-screen time.
- You should not set up Siri for now you can skip it.
- Select an appearance theme and click continue. You have the option to choose dark mode 0r light and Auto mode.
- Until your macOS gets set up you have to wait for a while.
- Now your successful macOS Catalina has installed on your PC.
Now macOS Catalina is installed on your PC you can use it any time you want with its all features. Enjoy your new operating system, Hope you get it also If you have any problem while downloading we are always here to help you.