With the Texts, you cant express your tone, and at times, fail to express what’s exactly on your mind. This is where voice notes come in handy. Voice recording allows you to express your feelings more effectively with pauses, tones, and accurate stresses. But if you don’t know How to send a voice message on iPhone in iOS 16, then I’m here to help you with my text.
How to send a voice message in iMessage in iOS 16
Dictation to Messages has been added newly by apple in the ISO 16. The voice note feature is great, but it looks like the voice note icon in many other messaging apps. This might have caused you to get confused with the voice note icon. However, for Sending a voice message in iMessage in IOS 16 follow the step below.
- Open Messages. or open an iMessage conversation or add a recipient and start a new one also you can press and the option appear just click on new message.
- Now, tap the voice note icon (waves inside a blue oval) from the bar below the text field.
Some users might need an additional step: Tap the App Store icon next to the text field.
- To start voice recording, you can either:
- Tap and hold the mic icon: Start saying, and the message will be sent when you release it.
- Tap the mic icon: Then tap the stop icon to stop voice recording. Here, you can either delete the recording or tap the send icon (up arrow on the blue circle).
If you’re still using iOS 15, the Voice Memo icon will be accessible from the same place as the new Dictation icon in iOS 16.
When you receive a voice message, tap on the triangle play button to hear the audio message. You can listen to audio messages by raising your phone to your ear (as if you were on a phone call) if you have enabled Raise to Listen in the Settings app under Messages.
By default, voicemails expire after 2 minutes of listening. But you can keep/save voicemails.
The most Changes in message in ISO 16
Now You can postpone your conversation after seeing the message and can mark it as unread. Also, Edit a message up to 15 minutes after sending, and the receiver will see a history of edits and you can unsent it up to 2 minutes after sending.
By collaborating via Messages, you can invite others and get an activity update whenever someone makes an edit to the shared file. However, In massages, sharePlay allows you to watch movies, listen to music, play games and enjoy more with friends while messaging
Send audio messages using the Voice Memos app on iPhone
Additionally, there is a solution to send voice memos from messages. For that, we will use the Voice Memos app. Here’s how it works:
- Open Voice Memos.
- Thump the red button to record a voice note.
Pro Tip: While recording, tap anywhere on the blank recording card to open it in full screen to access additional controls.
- Tap the red square button or tap Pause and Done.
- Next, tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the recorded voice note.
On iOS 15: tap the three dots icon at the bottom left of the recording.
- Select Share.
- Tap Messages and select the contact.
- Now, tap the send button.
A third-party recording app can be used instead of Voice Memos if you do not want to use the built-in app.
Sending a voice message on the iPhone is easy with these two methods. There are almost no differences between the steps for iPad and Mac. But these extra steps to record voice note is only available in Messages. On other messaging platforms, all you have to do is tap the mic icon and start recording. And now apple makes it way easier than in the past.
Read the articles below:
- What is Action mode on iPhone 14 and how it works?
- What is Dynamic Island on iPhone 14 Pro, and how to use it?
- What is MagSafe, and how does it work on iPhone?
- Apple Supersized us with the iPhone 14 Plus!
- How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library on iPhone, iPad
- iPhone 14 Pro leak reveals how its always-on display