In this post, we are going to talk about how you can “Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows PC”. One of the wonderful operating systems of Apple is macOS Big Sur. Apple has great operating systems and every year they launch new operating systems for Mac users. Every Mac user truly trusts the new operating system and they install the new operating systems as soon as possible. It is super easy for Mac users to Install any Apple operating system because it has simple ways to do it. On the other hand, if you are a Windows user and you want to try macOS on your device you have to follow a few steps.
For Windows users, it is pretty difficult to Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows PC but it is not impossible. And, you must do some necessary steps to install it on your device. If you want to install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows PC then you have to read the lines below to do all the process.
Moreover, before installing macOS Big Sur on your Windows PC, you can have the macOS Big Sur on the beta version. And, when you have the new version of operating launches, it will depend on how many vital fixes it has. Further, you have the ISO file link below that you can download.
- Unlock VMware for Iinstally macOS Big Sur.
- Create a new Virtual Machine.
- Edit macOS Big Sur VMX File.
- Start macOS Big Sur Virtual Machine.
- Set basic settings of macOS account setting.
- Install VMware Tools
Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows PC
Step1. Download and install the necessities
So, here are some installation necessities that you need to download. The applications and files that may be needed later during the process are below with given links. In addition, if you have all the installation, you may skip this step and move to the next one.
Download VMware Workstation Pro15.5.x or VMware Player 15.5x.
Download the macOS Unlocker V3 for Vmware
Download or create macOS Big Sur ISO Beta
- macOS Big Sur Beta 11.0 (20A4290v)
- Create macOS Big Sur ISO image file
Step3. Unlock VMware for Iinstally macOS Big Sur.
To begin, first, you have to completely close the Vmware Workstation application. Further, if it remains open then the Vmware unlocker will not work. If you want it to work, completely close the VMware workstation.
- Open the Vmware Workstation, on the top left click on file and tap on exit.
2. Now you have the macOS Unlocker V3 for VMware from GitHub. Go to downloads, and click on win-install. cmd and select run as administrator.
Step4. Create a new Virtual Machine
- Visit VMware and click on Create a new Virtual Machine then select the first option typical and click next.
- Down below check the “I will install the operating system later” and right-click on next. And, select the Apple macOS OS X from the operating system list and select macOS 10.16 from the version. Now click on next.
Set a name for your virtual machine. And, click on browse then choose a location to save the virtual machine file and click next.
- The GB should be more than 50 but it is better to set 120GB for this process. And, check the first option which is “Store virtual disk as single file” and click next.
- On this page click on Customize Hardware.
- Additionally, increase the memory to 8GB or even higher. So, if you set the GB higher then you will have better performance.
- Click on the processor menu and increase the CPU processor. And, set it till 4core the high set it the better it will work.
- Select the third option “New CD/DVD (SATA)” from the menu on the left. Tap on Use ISO Image File.
- Find the macOS Big Sur File and click on open. And, if you do not this file then you have to download it from the first paragraph “Download the necessities “.
- Moreover, after opening the macOS Big Sur File, save all the changes and click close.
- Right-click on the finish on the New “Virtual Machine Wizard”.
Step5. Edit macOS Big Sur VMX File
Get to the Virtual Machine Folder which locates in the previous steps. But, if you have not located it then you can find it from the Document and virtual machine. Further, click on macOS Big Sur BETA. VMX and open it through notepad.
- Then you will have codes on your screen, scroll teil the end and add this code. Further, on the top left, click on the file and click on save after that you can close it.
smbios.reflectHost = "TRUE" hw.model = "MacBookPro14,3"
board-id = "Mac-551B86E5744E2388" smc.version = "0"
Step6. Start macOS Big Sur Virtual Machine
- In the macOS, Big Sur Windows open VMware and click on Power on this Virtual Machine.
- You have to wait for a while to let it boot itself.
- In the language section, select English. Furthermore, at the bottom right click on that arrow sign.
- Select the fourth option which is Disk Utility and click on continue.
- Select VMware Virtual SATA Hard Derive Media and right-click on Erase.
- Set the name of this file as macOS Big Sur Beta and select the APFS from formate. And, click on Erase.
- Right-Click on done to close the dialogue box.
- Click on Quit Disk Utility from Disk Utility.
- Select install macOS on click on Continue.
- Right-click on continue.
- Further, click on Agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Select the available disk and then click on install.
- Moreover, you have to wait for minutes without touching it anywhere. It might take 15 to 30 minutes and it all depends on your device. Further, you have to wait and be patent.
Step7. Set basic settings of macOS account setting
- Select your country and click on continue.
- Moreover, you have to select a keyboard layout and right-click on continue. Further, if you are not agreeing with preset options then you can customize them. Click on customize settings.
- Moreover, you can turn on the accessibility feature on macOS Big Sur. In the accessibility option, you have various features available like hearing, vision, motor, and cognitive. Further, if you do not want to set up now, you can just click on not now to skip this step.
- Click continue after reading the Data & Privacy.
- Click the not now button to continue on the migration assistant page.
- Moreover, click on setup later and do not sign in and you set your Apple ID later. Remember to not sign in with your Apple ID.
- Furthermore, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Further, enter your Full Name, Account Name, Password, and Hint then click ok.
- Express setup if you want to customize. Moreover, you can customize settings if not then you can click on continue.
- Click on continue on the analytic page.
- Furthermore, On the screen-time step click on set up later.
- Here you can choose an appearance among Dark and Light Mode. So, select the theme and click on continue.
- Finally, wait for a while to let macOS finish setting up. So that, it should boot into the macOS Big Sur Desktop
finally we are done now. if you have done all the steps successfully then congratulations you have macOS Big Sur on your device and you can use it now. the process was quite long After using Big Sur for a few days, you will forget this hard work. So, if you had all the processes right then from now you will run the macOS Big Sur. So, if you find any kind of question regarding the steps, you can type in the comment sector.